The time of ordinary advertising has passed — people are tired of it and no longer trust it, and Internet marketing gives new ways to tell the world about the product.
One of the varieties of Internet marketing is content marketing. To get high-quality traffic to your website and increase conversions, you need content marketing. This tool helps not only to earn the trust of the audience but also to increase sales.
SEO for Internet marketing
SEO articles are quality articles that are well indexed by search engines. SEO texts are good, high-quality, human, useful texts optimized for search engines. With optimization, they become more useful because more people will find your stuff. Content marketing and SEO are closely related. We have criteria for good posts:
- useful for the readers;
- do not lose relevance over time;
- bring traffic.
Relevant, useful, easily perceived — this is the content that raises the site in search results. In this article we will focus mainly on the text component because search engines still evaluate the site on it:
The text should not duplicate content already hosted on another resource. Uniqueness can be checked with “text.ru”, allowed a minimum of 95%.
- The content of the text
Write texts primarily for people, not for search engines. Proceed from such principles:
- benefits — specific facts, tips, examples;
- absence of “water” — no more than 15% “text.ru”;
- simplicity — understandable human language.
Search engines have the technology to detect errors. With the release of the next algorithm, they can use them to evaluate the content. It is quite in the spirit of “humanization”, which seeks the logic of search engines. In addition to digital technologies, search engines have assessors — people who evaluate sites on different parameters.
There are no clear recommendations. But, according to “Ahrefs” research, the longer the text — the better the page is ranked. “Long text” is a relative term. Below are approximate volumes, depending on the format:
- press release — up to 1800 characters with spaces;
- article — 5-10000 characters without spaces;
- main page — 1,5-3000 characters without spaces;
- product card — 1-2500 characters without spaces;
- category on the site — 2500-3000 characters without spaces.
It is also desirable to focus on the length of texts of similar subjects from the top of the issue. The optimal length of the text:
- paragraphs — 500 characters;
- sentence — 250 characters;
- headline — 70 characters.
There are different opinions about the allowable number of keywords in the text:
- no more than 3-4 by 2000 characters;
- no more than 5% of the number of words;
- minimum 1.5%, etc.
Some experts believe that calculating the percentage of occurrence of keywords is meaningless — the main thing is not to overdo it and write a user-readable text. Search engines focus not only on keywords to determine relevance.
And people and search engines do not like when the content is a solid cloth — it is tiring and difficult to read. To make perception easier, the text should include:
- bulleted lists and/or tables;
- alternating long and short sentences;
- the division into logical sections with sub-headings if the text is large.
- Headings and subheadings
The title should be as specific as possible to reflect the essence of the article and attract attention. Next, in descending order are the headers:
- containing references to the reader;
For large article titles of the first and second levels are possible. All of them should be visually different from each other. Be sure to use different style markings H1-H6. H1 can be in the text only one — this is the title.
If you optimize the illustrations, it will tell search engines more information about the relevance of the content. The illustrations must not be just beautiful, but useful for the reader. They should complement the narrative, clearly show what is difficult to describe with the help of text.
Place links to other pages of the site in the texts. So you will show search engines that the resource has a lot of useful content. Moving on to the materials on the topic, users stay longer on your site — it improves behavioral factors.
SMM for web marketing
What is SMM? It is also called social marketing or online marketing and is a process of attracting interest to any Internet resource through social platforms. In other words, it is a mechanism of attracting traffic, that is, the flow of visitors (they are potential consumers) to the brand, service or product through social networks. Tasks of SMM-management:
- Determine the target audience and explore its interests.
- Analyze the niche: on what platform it is better to promote the brand, in what ways and tools.
- Achieve an increase in the number of the audience through a set of activities, which include advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes.
- Work on the creation of the company’s image: to conduct a PR campaign, to track feedback, to eliminate the negative.
SMM in action: the stages of progress
SMM-promotion is not an easy work carried out in several stages:
- Choosing a platform for your target audience. Why would that be important? Because social networks are already quite a lot, and each has its contingent.
- The location of the communication platform. Having decided on the social network, it is important to consider the place of gathering the audience for communication.
- Creation and placement of content. It should be not only interesting and useful but also viral, i.e. one that is liked and shared. To quickly promote your public, you need to invest money and run ads.
- Making a profit or monetization of the project. The most difficult and controversial step, because the main purpose – to ensure that the bulk of the subscribers to transfer to the customer’s site and make them customers.
Email marketing is an important tool for working with the target audience and promoting on the Internet, promoting direct communication between businesses and customers.
This method helps to create and strengthen quality relationships with the audience, increases the rate of repeat purchases, as well as provides an opportunity to promote new offers and quickly collect the opinions of the audience. There are 6 features and benefits of mail marketing:
- The cheapness of channel support.
- The opportunity to collect the current base of its audience.
- Creating communication between the brand and the consumer.
- Effectively engage in the necessary interactions (sharing information, viewing recommendations, shopping, etc.).
- Ability to fully automate the process based on information about the subscription base segments.
- Increase efficiency through personalization based on customer information.
Types of messages
- Welcome Email
A welcome email is an email that the recipient receives after the subscription is confirmed. A guarantee of the effectiveness of e-mail, the correctness of which depends on the interest of recipients in further communication and the overall impression of the business.
- Information letter
One of the most common formats of electronic messages. It can strengthen loyalty through quality content. It is worth distributing useful materials, extensions and much more.
It may seem similar to information emails but has a slightly different format — is a brief overview of the new information.
- Commercial Letter
As a rule, it is intended for direct sales. Such content may be an offer of a specific offer and its description, recommendations of products based on the user’s preferences/previous purchases, or information about promotions.
A series of letters, which gradually increase the interest of the recipient in the offer, thereby increasing the readiness for the transaction. According to statistics, serial email campaigns have a click-through rate of 2-3 times higher than standard commercial messages.
Emails sent under certain conditions or when the user performs a certain action.
Emails sent when a user performs a specific transaction.
- Direct communication
In this case, a representative of the company sends a personal message to the user. Email is personalized, its content is written in a manner of simple communication. In such can be offered assistance, expressed gratitude for loyalty, recommendations, etc.
Marketing on the Internet: Copywriting VS Content marketer
Copywriter and content marketer – what’s the difference? At first glance, it seems that the best candidate for the role of a content marketer as a copywriter is not found.
95% of copywriters have no idea what they may face when they find themselves in the field of content marketing, but they fall into this trap not on their own, but under the pressure of customers themselves.
A good copywriter loves his job, loves to write texts and always tries to develop in this direction. Therefore, in the content marketing teams, such specialists are very necessary. But the thing is that for a linear copywriter content marketing is an impossible task, he used to work on well-defined tasks and rules. And in content marketing, there are no clear tasks, at least not for the final performer.
Copywriter – a freelancer, a loner or a team specialist. He performs tasks, but he rarely can set tasks to others and achieve their correct implementation.
All about Internet marketing: Editing
Editing is the correction of any text to bring its form and content by the language norms of writing, as well as specified requirements.
Types of editing:
- proofreading – correction of all compositional, semantic, stylistic and language defects;
- reduction – bringing the volume of text to a given size, eliminating the length and repetition. Less likely to encounter an increase in the article, because of the lack of volume – a reason to return the work to the author for revision;
- processing – making the necessary changes and corrections to the text based on the results of its reading and analysis. Both the author and the editor can make changes;
- rework – creating a new version of the text based on the author. Occurs when the style or content of the text does not meet the specification;
- synthetic editing – includes elements of all types of editing;
- technical – general design of the text at the final stage of work with it. It involves checking the text parameters: uniqueness, water content, spamming, etc.
Internet marketing promotion: IT-theme
According to the direction of marketing for the IT sector can be divided into 2 types:
- External — marketing, which is aimed at attracting customers for the company.
- Internal — marketing, which is aimed at attracting and retaining employees. Often in conjunction with International marketing also use the term HR branding, employer brand or employee branding.
EXTERNAL MARKETING TOOLS :
- Research & Analysis. It all starts with research and analysis: competitors, successful cases of the sphere, tender sites, specialized external resources, etc.
- Work with the company’s website. It is active use of web Analytics; technical SEO audit of the site; internal SEO optimization; content marketing; preparation of unique thematic content using relevant keywords.
- Work with external resources. These include: placement of information about the company in the profile directories; placement of high-quality articles on an external resource in exchange for an active link to the website of our company; work with forums where there may be potential customers; webinars.
- Preparation of PR & Marketing materials. This is company presentation materials, White papers, case studies, preparation of materials for the company’s blog.
- Working with Social Media. As a rule, it is LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
- Offline events. The company’s participation in specialized exhibitions, conferences, seminars, etc. Important condition — the event should be the target audience of the company, potential clients and partners.
INTERNAL MARKETING TOOLS:
- Research & Analysis. Here, too, everything begins with research and analysis: competitors, salaries and “buns” in IT.
- Work with the company’s website. Ideally, have a separate site for potential employees. If the company does not have such an opportunity yet, then: a separate section is created on the main site for applicants.
- All kinds of PR and promotional materials of the company. IT companies need to have their own corporate identity, brand book, with corporate colors, symbols, corresponding to the spirit of the company.
- Working with Social Media. Working with social media is no less important for International marketing than for External. Many companies create separate pages and groups with social networks:
- focused on the potential and existing employees.
Internet marketing can be used by anyone who wants to expand their business and receive more orders. It is well suited for those who sell intelligent services, sophisticated equipment, analytics, research, design, marketing, and engineering.
However, the use of content marketing can be a problem – it is difficult to use in an oversaturated market, where many articles have already been created on various topics.